All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- £24.82Was:£32.99Free postage
- £24.69Was:£32.99Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionWritten in the second Islamic century by al-Imam al-Shafi'i (d. 204AH/ 820AD), the founder of one of the four Sunni schools of law, this important work gives the fundamental principles of Islamic jurisprudence, and its influence continues to the present day.
- Author BiographyThe translator of this text is Professor Majid Khadduri. Professor Khadduri has done an admirable service in making this valuable work available in English. His excellent translation uses not only the original manuscripts of Ibn Jama'a and al-Rabi, found at Dar al-Kutub, the National Library in Cairo, but also authoritative editions published earlier in this century, namely the Bulaq and Shakir editions. In his introduction, Professor Khadduri outlines the historical background of the 'Risala' and gives a biography of al-Imam al-Shafi'i as well as annotated, detailed summaries of the composition, structure, substance and argument of the text. He also includes a list of transmitters of traditions, a glossary of the most important Islamic legal terms and a select bibliography. For this new edition, the index has been expanded and a small corrigenda added.
- Author(s)Muhammad Ibn Idris al-Shafi'i
- PublisherThe Islamic Texts Society
- Date of Publication31/12/1987
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Islamic Texts Society
- Content Notebibliography, glossary, indexes
- Width145 mm
- Height225 mm
- Translated byMajid Khadduri
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.45Trending at £4.83
- £3.64Trending at £3.72
- £4.24Trending at £4.78
- £22.29Trending at £23.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.99
- £19.24Trending at £19.71
- £10.20Trending at £10.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.