All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents the story of the Portuguese village of Mamarrosa told through the lives of those who live there and those who are passing through - men and women, children and old people, locals, tourists and expatriates. For some, it is a place from which to escape; for others it is a way of running from trouble (but not eluding it).
- Author BiographyMonica Ali is one of Granta's Best of young British Novelists of the decade, Newcomer of the Year at the 2004 British Book Awards and has been nominated for most of the major literary prizes in Britain. Her first novel, Brick Lane, was shortlisted for the Booker Prize, the George Orwell Prize for political writing and the prestigious Commonwealth Writers' Prize. Internationally there has been similar recognition including, in the United States, the National Book Critics Circle Award and the Los Angeles Times 'First Fiction' Prize for which the book was shortlisted. Monica Ali lives in London with her husband and two children, and is working on her next novel.
- Author(s)Monica Ali
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication05/06/2006
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date09/10/2014
- Weight491 g
- Width138 mm
- Height222 mm
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £13.11Trending at £15.00
- £12.71Trending at £13.52
- £4.44Trending at £5.19
- £10.96Trending at £11.99
- £4.93Trending at £8.98
- £5.95Trending at £9.05
- £4.46Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.