Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.48Trending at £7.75
- £7.17Trending at £9.00
- £9.51Trending at £9.96
- £10.43Trending at £11.83
- £24.99Trending at £33.59
- £9.06Trending at £10.49
- £12.98Trending at £14.21
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on the role of alcohol in the life of Alexander the Great, O'Brien using Dionysus as a symbol of the destructive effects of alcohol on Alexander's psyche. A cluster of ambivalent considerations is explored: the heroic and the Dionysiac, the rational and the irrational, sanity and madness.
- Author(s)John Maxwell O'Brien
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/08/1992
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 maps, 1 table
- Weight771 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.