All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe life and influence of French General and equestrian talent Alexis-Francois L'Hotte (1825-1904).
- Author BiographyHilda Nelson is Emeritus Professor of French Literature and Civilization at San Diego State University in Southern California. She received her PhD from the University of Wisconsin, Madison. She is the author of books and articles on romanticism, dada, and surrealism and translated Antoine de Pluvinel's classic on horsemanship, Le maneige Royal, and also authored Francois Baucher, The Man and His Method, both for J.A.Allen. In 1983-4 she spent part of her sabbatical at St Anthony's College, Oxford and spent many of her days at the Bodleian Library. She continues to visit England and France once or twice a year to pursue her studies. She makes ample use of the libraries of the Ecole Nationale d'Equitation, the Ecole de Cavalerie and the Musee de Saumur. The author takes dressage lessons both in England and the United States, and lives with her husband, horses, dogs and cats at Mount Laguna, California, in the midst of the Cleveland National Forest.
- Author(s)Hilda Nelson
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/1998
- GenreBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ.A.Allen & Co Ltd
- Content Noteb&w halftones, line drawings
- Weight1300 g
- Width190 mm
- Height254 mm
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £4.40Trending at £4.73
- £4.69Trending at £4.76
- £4.69Trending at £6.98
- £5.73Trending at £6.95
- £8.00Trending at £8.13
- £6.24Trending at £6.70
- £5.95Trending at £6.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.