Consider these sponsored items
- £15.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlfred, Duke of Edinburgh and of Saxe-Coburg Gotha, Admiral of the Fleet, was the second son of Queen Victoria. At 18 he was elected King of Greece, but not allowed to accept the crown. While touring Australia in 1868 he narrowly escaped assassination. His last years were clouded by alcoholism, ill-health, and the suicide of his only son and heir.
- Author BiographyJohn Van der Kiste has published over forty books, including works on royal and historical biography, local history, true crime, music and fiction, and is a contributor to the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. His previous titles include Queen Victoria's Children, Kaiser Wilhelm II, and The Romanovs: Tsar Alexander II of Russia and his family. He lives in Devon.
- Author(s)John Van der Kiste
- PublisherFonthill Media
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationToadsmoor Road
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFonthill Media
- Content Note70 black and white illustrations
- Weight420 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £10.17Trending at £11.02
- £8.40Trending at £11.29
- £4.95Trending at £6.29
- £4.88Trending at £5.98
- £6.97Trending at £8.93
- £4.45Trending at £6.98
- £9.59Trending at £13.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.