All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen her husband - who happened to be world-famous photographer Helmut Newton fell sick with flu on the eve of a pressing deadline in 1970 - it was up to his wife, June, to photograph an advertisement for Gitanes cigarettes.
- Author BiographyJune Newton, nee Browne, was born in Melbourne, Australia, in 1923. As a young woman she was passionately interested in the theater, and worked as an actress under the name June Brunell, receiving the Erik Kuttner Award in 1956. She married the photographer Helmut Newton in Melbourne in 1948 and became a photographer herself in 1970, changing her name once again to Alice Springs. Her work has been featured in numerous exhibitions and publications, including Vanity Fair, Interview, Elle, and Vogue. Her many famous subjects include William S. Burroughs, Catherine Deneuve, Graham Greene, Roy Lichtenstein, Robert Mapplethorpe, Yves Saint Laurent, and Nicole Kidman.
- PublisherTaschen GmbH
- Date of Publication07/06/2016
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTaschen GmbH
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £3.48Trending at £3.86
- £7.17Trending at £8.05
- £4.82Trending at £7.49
- £7.88Trending at £9.99
- £7.32Trending at £7.64
- £9.68Trending at £12.98
- £35.17Trending at £64.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.