All listings for this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.57Trending at £4.92
- £4.66Trending at £4.82
- £4.66Trending at £4.80
- £4.44Trending at £5.90
- £4.77Trending at £4.92
- £8.36Trending at £8.94
- £4.59Trending at £5.60
About this product
- DescriptionAction-packed and absorbing, a grim but sensitive picture of race and identity in America
- Author BiographyWILLARD SAVOY, a native of Washington, D.C., was born in 1916 and died there in 1976. In life as in his writing, he was a passionate and active advocate of civil rights. He served in the Air Force during World War II and later while working on Alien Land, as the service was undergoing desegregation. The unfinished novel that was to follow Alien Land was deemed too inflammatory for publication in the 1950s. ROBERT BURNS STEPTO is Professor of English, African American Studies, and American Studies at Yale University, and the author of Blue as the Lake: A Personal Geography (1998), which includes three Notable American Essays (1995-1997). RICHARD YARBOROUGH, editor of the Northeastern Library of Black Literature, is Associate Professor of English at the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Willard Savoy
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNortheastern University Press
- Out-of-print date16/04/2015
- Content Note1 illus.
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.