All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £3.38Trending at £3.48
- £4.73Trending at £5.09
- £11.93Trending at £12.73
- £3.99Trending at £7.49
- £5.06Trending at £8.98
- £28.00Trending at £34.27
- £23.80Trending at £37.59
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the representation of gender in popular Hollywood melodramas of the 1950s, the last decade in which film enjoyed a pivotal cultural position. Both a work of feminist film criticism and theory and an analysis of popular culture, this provocative book examines from a cultural studies perspective the top-grossing film melodramas of that decade.
- Author BiographyJackie Byars received her Ph.D. from the University of Texas at Austin and has taught in film/media studies at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Bryn Mawr College, Texas Christian University, St. Mary's College of California, and Wayne State University (since 1992).
- Author(s)Jackie Byars
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication25/06/1991
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleGender and American Culture
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.