All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA man bets all he has on a horserace to pay for an expensive operation for his dog. A young refugee wants to box her way to the top of the sport. Old friends talk all night. She imagines their future together. Short stories about people who have lost out and about their hopes. Meyer strikes the tone of our times, and finds the grace notes.
- Author BiographyClemens Meyer is one of Germany's most exciting writers. Born in 1977 in what was then East Germany, he worked as a security guard, forklift driver and construction worker while completing his first novel. All the Lights is his acclaimed second book. It has sold over 40,000 copies in German and won the prestigious Leipzig Book Fair Prize in 2008.
- PrizesWinner of Leipzig Book Fair Prize for Fiction 2008.
- Author(s)Clemens Meyer
- PublisherAnd Other Stories
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationHigh Wycombe
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnd Other Stories
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Pagination238 pp
- Translated byKaty Derbyshire
- Introduction byStuart Evers
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £12.47Trending at £13.98
- £6.99Trending at £7.15
- £5.20Trending at £5.85
- £6.99Trending at £9.03
- £9.56Trending at £9.82
- £6.28Trending at £8.98
- £2.79Trending at £3.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.