All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSenhor Jose is a minor official in a registry office, with a passion for reconstructing people's lives from the data in archive documents. One woman's file is particularly intriguing. She is dead, and he decides to trace her life backwards, from death to birth. But can he bring her back to life?
- Author BiographyBorn in Portugal in 1922, Jose Saramago was one of the most important writers of his generation. He was in his fifties when he came to prominence as a novelist with the publication of Baltasar & Blimunda. A huge body of work followed, which included plays, poetry, short stories, non-fiction and over a dozen novels, including Blindness which was made into an acclaimed film. He has been translated into more than forty languages, and in 1998 he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature. He died on 18 June 2010, shortly after the Portuguese publication of Cain.
- Author(s)Jose Saramago
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2000
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Harvill Press
- Weight187 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byMargaret Jull Costa
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £55.77Trending at £64.34
- £3.00Trending at £4.29
- £4.90Trending at £7.15
- £7.61Trending at £7.76
- £21.95Trending at £22.74
- £15.00Trending at £16.53
- £2.57Trending at £2.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.