All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn depth area by area description of WW1 railways with detailed histories of the lines before and after the war. Also provides information on what to see and do now, including suggested walks.
- Author BiographyMartin has always been interested in railway history and contemporary transport policy, and Joan in architecture and industrial archaeology. They own a cottage near Montreuil in the Pas-de-Calais and interest in the closed railways in that area led to their first railway book, Tortillards of Artois. The Metre Gauge Railways and Tramways of the Western Pas-de-Calais . During research into this they became interested in the area to the east, which was the WW1 Arras sector of the front line, and since then more generally in WW1 railways.
- Author(s)Joan S. Farebrother,Martin J. B. Farebrother
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- GenreTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Content NoteIncludes about 200 photographs, 66 maps, plans and line diagrams, and 32 main tables
- Width297 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Transport
Save on Transport
- £2.11Trending at £3.92
- £12.27Trending at £14.59
- £15.87Trending at £16.13
- £32.86Trending at £33.32
- £26.73Trending at £27.95
- £14.99Trending at £16.06
- £13.14Trending at £14.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.