All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationThe Alpine CHM-S620 Compact Disc Remote Changer is a 2-channel system that provides stereo sound and you can install this disc changer conveniently in to your car as it has a space-saving design and fits in multiple-angles. It produces a 5 Hz to 20000 Hz frequency response and comes with M-bus control. This audio system provides crisp and dynamic sound as it has a 16-bit linear quantization and an oversampling rate of eight.
- Player TypeCD
- Playable Audio FormatsAudio CD
- Included ComponentsChanger,In-Dash Player
- Changer Control Media TypeCD Changer
- Remote ControlNo
Most relevant reviews
- willx24117 Nov, 2009by
Alpine CHM-S620 6-Disc CD Changer
Summary: This is the only changer that was compatible with my car's Alfa Romeo head unit, but I was pleasantly surprised with the sound. Excellent build quality. Strengths: Fantastic sound quality. Never skips. Can be installed in a variety of configurations. Weaknesses: Changing CD's is much easier with Pioneer's cartridge.
- david_w_smart25 Nov, 2009by
Excellent sound at far less than jag prices
I fitted this unit to my 1990 jaguar xj6, just plugged straight in, no wiring required, and no need to change the radio in the dash. So much cheaper than the jaguar branded one! The sound is excellent and I've experienced no skipping even over the bumpiest of roads. The only downside is no mp3 playback, but hey, what do you want for the price?
- classicolgs25 Jul, 2009by
Alpine vs Becker vs Sony vs JBL
I compared the Alpine CD in a Jeep with Chrisler radio with a Sony installed on a Aston Martin DB7, a factory installed JBL on a Peugeot 406 coupe and a Porsche cr21 radio with a Becker Silverstone cd changer. Sony delivers the poorer sound quality. JBL has an excellent sound but shows difficulties reading on bumps and poor road quality. Alpine and Becker sound the best altough I personally prefer the clearer and more bodily sound of the later giving the high setup sensitivity of the Alpine,
- herbsley_v107 Feb, 2009by
(+) Excellent sound and build. (-) No mp3 playback.
Basically this is all I wanted from a CD Changer. It's an Alpine, so you know it's coming with good sound quality and build quality. It's a compact unit, so it is hardly noticeable in your boot, or can fit easily into your glove-box or under a seat etc. Hasn't skipped a track or jumped during playback, thanks to the excellent damping. It's a good player. Obviously, if you are wanting flashing lights and MP3 playback you will have to look elsewhere, but for good quality playback of CDs and CD-Rs I would recommend this. Missed out on five stars only because it does not have MP3 playback.
- pearsey9918 Aug, 2008by
Good product, basic and functional.
Basic but functional CD changer, plugs into Ford CD Compatible Cassette head unit. If you manage to get a good long cable with it you could fit the unit in the boot of the car. Brackets should come with the item when sold but you may need to buy a seperate Ford Box unit (5 pin DIN).