Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.00Trending at £22.57
- £23.72Trending at £26.09
- £7.03Trending at £9.06
- £40.35Trending at £41.08
- £42.67Trending at £47.87
- £20.65Trending at £21.76
- £30.21Trending at £31.29
About this product
- Author(s)Gavin Buxton
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication22/12/2014
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleNano and Energy
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note137 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction to Alternative Energy Sources Global Warming Pollution Solar Cells Wind Power Biofuels Hydrogen Production and Fuel Cells Introduction to Computer Modeling Brief History of Computer Simulations Motivation and Applications of Computer Models Using Spreadsheets for Simulations Typing Equations into Spreadsheets Functions Available in Spreadsheets Random Numbers Plotting Data Macros and Scripts Interpolation and Extrapolation Numerical Integration and Differentiation Solving Linear Systems Non-Linear Equations Monte Carlo Simulations Exercises Global Warming and Pollution Global Warming: Global Energy Balance Model Global Warming: Zonal Energy Balance Model Global Warming: Radiative Model of a Cloud Pollution: Gradient Transport Theory Pollution: Gaussian Plume Model Pollution: Gaussian Plume Model with Settling of Pollutants Pollution: Gaussian Plume Model with Deposition of Pollutants Exercises Solar Cells Equivalent Circuit of Solar Cells Drift-Diffusion Model of Photovoltaics Drift-Diffusion Model: Polymer Solar Cells Drift-Diffusion Model: Nonuniform Exciton Dissociation Monte Carlo Model of Photovoltaics Finite-Difference Time-Domain of Solar Cells Optics Exercises Wind Power Betz Limit Blade Element Momentum Model Wake Models Elastic Deformation of a Wind Turbine Blade Exercises Biofuels Droop Model Photosynthetic Factory of Algae Growth Cellular Automata Model of Wood Combustion Exercises Hydrogen Production and Fuel Cells Photovoltaic and Electrochemical Equivalent Circuit Model Simple Electrochemical Model of Fuel Cells Continuum Mathematical Model of Fuel Cells Fluid Dynamics and the Lattice Boltzmann Model Exercises Index
- Author BiographyGavin A. Buxton is assistant professor of physics in the Science Department at Robert Morris University, Moon Township, Pennsylvania, USA. Previously, he was visiting assistant professor at Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA; postdoctoral research associate at Durham University, UK; and postdoctoral research associate at University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. He holds an M.Sci in engineering physics (hons) and a Ph.D in computational physics from Sheffield Hallam University, UK. His work has been published in numerous prestigious journals and books including Soft Matter, Encyclopedia of Energy Engineering and Technology, Langmuir, and The Journal of Chemical Physics, among others.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.