Save on Adult Learning & University
- £14.67Trending at £14.86
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £23.56Trending at £40.09
- £11.91Trending at £19.99
- £15.17Trending at £23.99
About this product
- DescriptionAre the growing oppositions to neoliberal market globalism able to develop meaningful alternative ideologies? Is there any substantial alternative to the world capitalist system on the horizon? This book answers such questions by examining the intellectual structure of the so-called 'anti-globalization' or 'global justice' movement.
- Author BiographyDr. S. A. Hamed Hosseini is an Assistant Professor of Sociology in the Faculty of Education and Arts, and an Associated Researcher at The Australian Institute for Social Inclusion and Wellbeing at the University of Newcastle, Australia. He completed his PhD in Global Studies (2006) at the Australian National University (ANU). He has conducted research on transnational social movements, global social change, globalist ideologies, Islamism, and transnational identities. Since 2003, he has been teaching at the Australian National University, University of Technology Sydney, University of New South Wales, and the University of Newcastle, in the areas of Global Health, Global Welfare, Global Social Change, Globalization, Research Methods, Environmental Sociology, Religion and Politics. He has published articles and presented conference papers on Global Justice (2009), Sociology of Dissident Knowledge (2007), Transnational Solidarities (2006), Sociology of Collective Cognition (2003), Rural and Regional Development in Iran (1999, 2000), Sociology of Conservatism, and New Conservatism in the Context of Iran (2000), Ali Shariati's Critical School of Thought (2000), and the Applicability of Social Theories in the Context of Iran (1999).
- Author(s)S.A. Hamed Hosseini
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/11/2009
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRethinking Globalizations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.