All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published collaboration between Frieda Hughes's art and poetry, including 40 full-colour plates of both abstract and figurative work.
- Author BiographyFrieda Hughes was born in London in 1960, grew up in Devon, and after living in various parts of England and Australia now lives on the Welsh Borders. She wrote and painted from an early age, and for many years has been a painter and children's writer. She has published four poetry collections with Bloodaxe, Wooroloo (1999), which was a Poetry Book Society Special Commendation, Stonepicker (2001), Waxworks (2002) and The Book of Mirrors (2009). She received a NESTA Award in 2002 to help her work on Forty-five, her portrait of her life in 45 poems and paintings, the poems from which were published by HarperCollins in the US in 2006. Her latest book is Alternative Values: poems & paintings, due from Bloodaxe in October 2015. Her first children's book, Getting Rid of Edna, was published by Heinemann (UK) and Harper & Row (USA) in 1984. Four other titles followed from Simon and Schuster: The Meal a Mile Long (1989) and Waldorf and the Sleeping Granny (1990), which she also illustrated; followed by The Thing in the Sink (1992) and Rent-a-Friend (1994). Her most recent titles are The Tall Story (MacDonald Young Books, 1997) and Three Scary Stories (HarperCollins, 2001).
- Author(s)Frieda Hughes
- PublisherBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationTyne and Wear
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Content Note40 colour illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width220 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £3.60Trending at £3.65
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.32Trending at £20.04
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
- £8.66Trending at £8.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.