All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.50Trending at £10.72
- £25.51Trending at £37.24
- £13.28Trending at £14.40
- £8.50Trending at £10.50
- £19.20Trending at £29.96
- £9.66Trending at £14.94
- £11.79Trending at £16.96
About this product
- DescriptionFrom pre-war political clashes over slavery in the South, to the surrender of Robert E Lee's Army, this book comprises a visual history of one of the most tumultuous and pivotally important eras in the history of the USA - the Civil War. Each illustration is placed in context by complementary text - which includes many quotations.
- Author BiographyMargaret E. Wagner of Arlington, Virginia, is a senior writer/editor in the Publishing Office of the Library of Congress. Gary W. Gallagher is the Professor of History at the University of Virginia and editor of the Civil War series at University of North Carolina Press. He is a co-founder and past president of the Association for the Preservation of Civil War Sites. He has received many awards for his contributions to Civil War Studies and the books he has written on the subject.
- Author(s)Margaret E. Wagner
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Content Note253 colour images, 269 black & white images
- Weight2020 g
- Width235 mm
- Height159 mm
- Introduction byGary W. Gallagher
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.