All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
About this product
- DescriptionIn American Crossings, nine scholars consider the complicated modern history of borders in the Western Hemisphere, examining borders as geopolitical boundaries, key locations for internal security, spaces for international trade, and areas where national and community identities are defined. Among the provocative questions raised are: Why are Peru and Chile inclined to legalize territory disputes through the International Court of Justice, undermining their militaries? Why has economic integration in the Tri-Border Area of Argentina, Brazil, and Paraguay increased illicit trade supporting transnational terrorist groups? And how has a weak Ecuadorian presence at the Ecuador� Colombia border encouraged Colombian guerrillas to enforce the international borderline?
- Author BiographyMaiah Jaskoski is assistant professor in the Department of Politics and International Affairs at Northern Arizona University and author of Military Politics and Democracy in the Andes. Arturo C. Sotomayor is associate professor in the Department of Political Science and Geography at the University of Texas at San Antonio and author of The Myth of the Democratic Peacekeeper: Civil-Military Relations and the United Nations. Harold A. Trinkunas is director of the Latin America Initiative at The Brookings Institution and author of Crafting Civilian Control of the Military in Venezuela: A Comparative Perspective.
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication09/11/2015
- GenrePolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note2 Maps; 1 Line drawings, black and white
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byArturo C. Sotomayor,Harold A. Trinkunas,Maiah Jaskoski
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.