All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.37Trending at £4.52
- £9.51Trending at £9.98
- £2.70Trending at £3.99
- £8.69Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.32
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
- £7.48Trending at £8.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis study focuses on four labour plays of the 1930s. These works dramatize union organizing efforts in American industry, using documentary detail in the dialogue and plot. Placing the plays in a social and historical context, the study discusses their function.
- Author BiographySUSAN DUFFY is Professor of Speech Communication at California Polytechnic State University. Her research interests focus on propagandistic uses of the theatre by leftist groups in the 1920s-1940s. She has published Shirley Chisholm: A Bibliography of Writings By and About Her (1988), and The Political Left in the American Theatre of the 1930's: A Bibliographic Sourcebook (1992).
- Author(s)Susan Duffy
- Date of Publication13/09/1996
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleContributions in Drama & Theatre Studies
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 72.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight423 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.