Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £23.29
- £66.16Trending at £91.99
- £8.66Trending at £10.60
- £13.63Trending at £14.16
- £22.22Trending at £23.53
- £19.56Trending at £26.19
- £16.22Trending at £20.27
About this product
- DescriptionStudies of concert life in nineteenth-century America have generally been limited to large orchestras and the programs we are familiar with. This book reveals that audiences of that era enjoyed far more diverse musical experiences than such focus would suggest.
- Author BiographyJohn Spitzer teaches music history at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music. He is coauthor of The Birth of the Orchestra: History of an Institution, 1650-1815.
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication27/04/2012
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note28 halftones, 14 tables
- Weight798 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byJohn Spitzer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.