Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £20.99Trending at £22.39
- £30.68Trending at £40.61
About this product
- Author(s)Andrew Warnes
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication18/12/2014
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Note9 bw illus
- Weight445 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Table Of ContentsTable of Illustrations Acknowledgements Introduction: Do not touch 1. Perpetual Pursuits: Happiness, horizons and other elusive objects in modern US culture 2. The Becoming Blank: Fantasies of invisibility after the frontier 3. Play Things: Toys at the edge of whiteness 4. Necessary Torments: Temptations, falls and bodily compensations in modern US culture Conclusion: Beyond fetishism End Notes Bibliography
- Author BiographyAndrew Warnes is Reader in American Studies in the School of English, University of Leeds, UK.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.