All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £23.21
- £66.16Trending at £91.75
- £8.66Trending at £10.56
- £13.63Trending at £14.11
- £22.22Trending at £23.44
- £19.56Trending at £26.09
- £16.22Trending at £20.19
About this product
- DescriptionAnalyzes film distribution and exhibition practices in order to reconstruct a context for understanding moviegoing at a time when American cities were coming to grips with new groups of immigrants and women working outside the home. This book talks about the history of the film industry, and about the process of imaging a national community.
- Author BiographyRichard Abel is the Robert Altman Collegiate Professor of Film Studies at the University of Michigan. He is the author of Encyclopedia of Early Cinema, The Red Rooster Scare: Making Cinema American (UC Press), and The Cine Goes to Town (UC Press), among other books.
- Author(s)Richard Abel
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2006
- GenreOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note61 b/w photographs
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.