All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.12
- £9.22Trending at £11.01
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionExplores a discursive tradition that affiliates the East with modern efficiency, in contrast to more familiar primitivist forms of Orientalism. This book examines the relationship between Jack London and leading Progressive George Kennan on US-Japan relations, and Frank Norris and AFL leader Samuel Gompers on cheap immigrant labor.
- Author BiographyColleen Lye is Associate Professor of English at the University of California, Berkeley. She is an editorial board member of Inter-Asia Cultural Studies and Representations .
- PrizesWinner of Association for Asian American Studies (AAAS): Cultural Studies Award 2005. Commended for John Hope Franklin Publication Prize for the Best Book in American Studies 2006. Shortlisted for Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2005.
- Author(s)Colleen Lye
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication25/10/2004
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note1 halftone.
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.