All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn America's Covered Bridges, authors Terry E. Miller and Ronald G. Knapp tell the fascinating story of these bridges, how they were built, the technological breakthroughs required to construct them and above all the dedication and skill of their builders.
- Author BiographyTerry E. Miller began visiting covered bridges with his father, Max T. Miller, in 1953 and has since visited more than 1,000 in the United States, Canada, Europe, and China, and researched the bridges of two Ohio counties from dusty handwritten journals. Miller spent his career teaching Ethnomusicology at Kent State University in Kent, Ohio, retiring in 2005. In addition to his research and writings on the music of mainland Southeast Asia, he is the coauthor of the popular textbook World Music: A Global Journey. Ronald G. Knapp is a historical-cultural geographer at State University of New York at New Paltz, where he taught from 1968 to 2001. For the past forty-five years his research has focused on China's frontier history and Chinese vernacular architecture, with many books that celebrate these traditions. His book, Chinese Bridges: Living Architecture from China's Past introduced China's covered bridges to Western readers and has served as the model for America's Covered Bridges: Practical Crossings Nostalgic Icons.
- Author(s)Ronald G. Knapp,Terry E. Miller
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication08/08/2017
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Notefull-colour illustrations and photographs
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £4.95Trending at £6.98
- £16.82Trending at £23.98
- £4.06Trending at £7.25
- £13.95Trending at £19.09
- £8.44Trending at £16.04
- £4.95Trending at £8.58
- £5.46Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.