All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £29.99
- £10.71Trending at £12.33
- £12.89Trending at £16.61
- £10.84Trending at £11.28
- £11.30Trending at £13.25
- £4.63Trending at £5.99
About this product
- DescriptionNoted quilt designer Carl Hentsch has always admired Amish quilts and quilters. Amish-Inspired Quilts for Today's Home explores an old-order Amish community and their use of color and design, using modern fabrics and techniques. Basket quilts, Log Cabin quilts, and Star quilts fill these pages with bursts and blooms of color. Be inspired!
- Author BiographyCarl started quilting in the late 1990s. He did not come from a quilting family, but there was always some sort of handwork going on around him. His mother was a seamstress, his aunt knitted, and his sister Nancy loved to draw. Carl learned sewing, knitting, and pattern making at an early age, probably around ten or so. The Internet was still young when Carl started quilting. He learned by watching TV shows such as Simply Quilts, Quilt in a Day, and Love of Quilting. It was only after seeing guest Ricky Tims on one of those programs that Carl decided it was time to buy a sewing machine and some fabric and learn how to quilt. In 2000, Carl moved to Denver, where he discovered his first quilt shop, block-of-the-month projects, and tons of fabric. He dabbled over the years, still watching his favorite TV shows to learn more. It was when he moved to St. Joseph, Missouri, in 2006 that Carl started to delve deeper into his passion for quilting. I found a lot of quilt shops in Kansas City and participated in a few sampler quilts and blocks-of-the-month. By doing these projects, one block at a time, Carl honed his skills.
- Author(s)Carl Hentsch
- PublisherC & T Publishing
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationConcord
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintC & T Publishing
- Content Note170 colour throughout
- Weight366 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.