All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £4.99Trending at £7.99
- £4.95Trending at £8.99
- £25.75Trending at £26.99
- £5.20Trending at £10.07
- £5.75Trending at £5.83
- £7.58Trending at £9.99
- £8.00Trending at £10.98
About this product
- DescriptionIncludes series of questions and answers belonging to the well-established medieval tradition of the 'Demandes amoureuses'; a large number of riddles, mainly folk riddles; and 'venditions en amours,' little poems that apparently came into bing as part of a social game.
- Author BiographyJames Woodrow Hassell, Jr., was Professor of Romance Languages at the University of Georgia. He published numerous articles and books on medieval and Renaissance French subjects, including a critical study in two volumes of the work of Bonaventure des Periers.
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2011
- Language(s)English, French, Middle (ca. 1400-1600)
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican Folklore Society Bibliographical and Special Series
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1974
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note1 b&w illus.
- Weight465 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byJames Woodrow Hassell
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.