An Armchair Traveller's History of Istanbul: City of Remembering and Forgetting by Richard Tillinghast (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £9.49+ £1.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books_discount
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- £5.58Free P&P
- Like New condition
- Sold by worldofbooks08
- Est. delivery by 29 Oct
- £5.28Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by better_world_books_uk
- Est. delivery by 30 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author is an old Istanbul hand who has seen it change over the years from a provincial backwater to today's vibrant metropolis. With Tillinghast as a guide through Istanbul's cafes, mosques and palaces, and along its streets and waterways, readers will feel at home both in the Constantinople of bygone days and on the streets of the modern town.
- Author BiographyIn 2008 Richard published Finding Ireland: A Poet's Explorations of Irish Literature and Culture, winner of ForeWord Magazine's Book of the Year Award for Travel Essays. He has received grants from the Irish Arts Council, the British Council, and the National Endowment for the Humanities, was awarded the Amy Lowell Travelling Fellowship from Harvard, the Cleanth Brooks Prize for creative non-fiction, and is a 2010-11 Guggenheim Fellow.
- Author(s)Richard Tillinghast
- PublisherThe Armchair Traveller at the Bookhaus
- Date of Publication20/12/2012
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Armchair Traveller at the BookHaus
- Content Notemaps
- Width115 mm
- Height210 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £6.36Trending at £6.93
- £12.17Trending at £13.34
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
- £10.15Trending at £14.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.