All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJanie H Wilson and Beth M Schwartz offer applied, step-by-step instructions on how to present research in a professional manner. Their book includes example poster layouts, checklists for preparing a presentation and assessments to show students what members of the audience (and instructors) are looking for in their presentation.
- Author BiographyJanie H. Wilson I received my Ph.D. in Experimental Psychology from the University of South Carolina in 1994. Since that time, I have been teaching and conducting research at Georgia Southern University. In the classroom, I specialize in teaching and learning in statistics and research methods. Research interests include rapport in teaching based on empirical data on the first day of class, electronic communications, interactions with students in a traditional classroom, syllabus design, and the development and validation of the Professor-Student Rapport Scale. Publications include two recent texts with Sage: An EasyGuide to Research Presentations and An EasyGuide to Research Design and SPSS. I have had the pleasure to contribute numerous chapters to edited books and have co-edited several books related to teaching and learning. I publish extensively on the scholarship of teaching and learning and have offered over 60 conference presentations, including several invited keynote addresses. For 2016, I am honored to serve as the President of Division Two of APA. My primary initiative is sharing the science of psychology with students and the general community. Beth M. Schwartz is the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost, and Professor of Psychology at Heidelberg University, in Tiffin, Ohio. She was on the faculty at Randolph College, in Lynchburg, VA for 24 years, where she was the William E. and Catherine Ehrman Thoresen '23 Professor of Psychology and Assistant Dean of the College. She received a BA at Colby College (Maine) and a PhD in cognitive psychology at the State University of New York at Buffalo. Her scholarship focuses on two areas of interest: (a) children's memory development and how this applies to children's eyewitness reports and (b) the scholarship of teaching and learning/pedagogical research. In addition to numerous professional presentations at conferences, she has published many book chapters and articles in a variety of scholarly journals, including the Journal of Higher Education, Ethics and Behavior, Law and Human Behavior, and Applied Developmental Science. She has also edited and coauthored books, including Child Abuse: A Global View (Schwartz, McCauley, & Epstein, 2001), Optimizing Teaching and Learning (Gurung & Schwartz, 2012), and Evidence-Based Teaching for Higher Education (Schwartz & Gurung, 2012). She is a member of the American Psychological Association (APA) and the American Psychological Society and is a Fellow of Division 2 of APA (Society for the Teaching of Psychology). She was an award-winning teacher at Randolph College, where she taught Introduction to Psychology, Research Methods, Cognitive Psychology, and the capstone course. She received the Award for Outstanding Teaching and Mentoring from the American Psych-Law Society, the Gillie A. Larew Award for Distinguished Teaching at Randolph College, the Katherine Graves Davidson Excellence in Scholarship Award from Randolph College, and the Distinguished Faculty Achievement Certificate from the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia.
- Author(s)Beth M. Schwartz,Janie H. Wilson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2014
- FormatSpiral bound
- GenrePsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEasyGuide Series
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour tables
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.94
- £4.37Trending at £4.55
- £9.51Trending at £10.03
- £3.02Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.34
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.