All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA revised and updated edition of the leading overview of economic regimes and economic performance in twentieth-century Europe.
- Author BiographyProfessor Ivan T. Berend is the author of more than thirty books, many of which have been translated and published all over the world. His first edition of An Economic History of Europe was published in thirteen countries. Berend's life experience has helped him to understand twentieth-century European history. He was born and lived under the authoritarian Horthy regime in Hungary, survived the Nazi concentration camp in Dachau and experienced the communist regime in post-war Hungary, as well as working on its reform and regime change. He also chaired the committee that worked out the first privatization and marketization plan for Hungary in 1989. He has 66 years teaching experience in Hungary, Britain and the United States and was a fellow of All Souls College, Oxford. He is also a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the British Academy, the Academia Europea, the Austrian Academy of Sciences, the Hungarian and the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, as well as being an honorary doctor of Glasgow University, St John's University (USA), and Janus Pannonius University (Hungary). In 2005, Berend received the Gold Medal of the German Suedosteuropa Gesellshaft for life-time achievement in research on Southeast Europe.
- Author(s)Ivan T. Berend
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note33 b/w illus. 46 tables
- Weight730 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.25
- £24.31Trending at £34.99
- £9.41Trending at £16.91
- £9.53Trending at £14.92
- £7.60Trending at £9.99
- £18.98Trending at £29.86
- £11.55Trending at £14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.