Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £19.38Trending at £29.99
- £9.88Trending at £13.77
- £10.99Trending at £12.33
- £12.92Trending at £16.61
- £10.84Trending at £11.28
- £11.30Trending at £13.31
- £4.63Trending at £5.99
About this product
- DescriptionMacIntyre's narrative based virtue ethics have for the first time in this book been applied to an organization undergoing change driven by market forces and a society that wants more for less with scant regard for the means by which that is achieved. The practical potential of these insights is explored in the case study that runs through the book.
- Author BiographyDR MERVYN CONROY is a Senior Fellow at the Health Services Management Centre, University of Birmingham, UK. His work at the centre spans teaching, consultancy, research and PhD supervision. In his teaching role he has co-directorship responsibilities for a number of specialist masters programme for health and social care managers. He has over fifteen years experience of management education, organisational research and consulting. He first worked in the health and social care sector as a counsellor and later in mental health services as a manager and researcher. His research formed the basis of a briefing paper on 'Alternative Approaches to Healthcare Reform' to the UK Department of Health. He was also asked to sit on one of the 'High Quality Care for All' review groups at Whitehall. His research and publications focus on theoretical and practical understanding of what health and social care managers at all levels need to lead the implementation of ethical and sustainable practice improvement and he speaks regularly at international conferences on this topic. Consulting and one to one coaching in the private, public and third sectors along with programme management on a number of high profile public sector change leadership and management learning projects feature in his recent activities.
- Author(s)Mervyn Conroy
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication10/12/2009
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight470 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.