All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFilled with illustrations, photographs, and examples, this title is designed to help readers understand and implement the appropriate pruning practices that are vital to developing sustainable structure in the first 25 years of a tree's life.
- Author BiographyDr. Gilman received his Ph.D. from Rutgers University in 1980 in forest plant pathology and is a professor in the Environmental Horticulture Department at the University of Florida in Gainesville. He has assembled a unique urban tree teaching program for helping municipalities, contractors, arborists, educators, growers, landscapers, and others design and implement programs for promoting better tree health in cities. He conducts educational programs in tree selection, nursery production, and urban tree management nation-wide for a large variety of audiences. Dr. Gilman is a Florida chapter ISA past-president. He has published more than 96 scientific peer reviewed journal articles in his 30 years in academia and industry and has won numerous awards. His research emphasizes tree pruning, nursery production, anchorage, and tree establishment. He has published more than 150 technical articles in newsletters and trade magazines and annually presents research results to colleagues at professional meetings across the US and throughout the world. He is the author of six books and maintains an extensive web site on urban trees, enjoying life in Gainesville Florida where he and his wife Betsy raised their two daughters, Samantha and Megan.
- Author(s)Edward F. Gilman
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication22/08/2011
- GenreAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour tables, figures
- Weight1000 g
- Width218 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- dans5527-wxb6cn...03 Feb, 2017by
Detail information easy to follow
Suitable for beginners and professionals. Best of the best.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £59.99Trending at £67.57
- £11.70Trending at £14.94
- £15.00Trending at £18.98
- £10.67Trending at £13.86
- £13.16Trending at £14.79
- £15.20Trending at £18.43
- £9.77Trending at £10.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.