All listings for this product
Best-selling in Psychology & Help
Save on Psychology & Help
- £33.23Trending at £33.79
- £8.20Trending at £8.51
- £30.72Trending at £31.11
- £33.52Trending at £41.99
- £6.29Trending at £7.46
- £11.98Trending at £12.99
- £3.89Trending at £4.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe traditional health system of India, Ayurveda, seeks a balance in individuals among their biology, psychology and environmental demands. This book details how Ayurveda can be integrated in a general, globalized model of health and well-being.
- Author BiographyDr. Antonio Morandi, MD, Specialist in Neurology and Ayurveda Vaidya (Ayurveda Academy, Pune, India and Joytinat International College of Ayurveda), from 2002 is the Director of the School of Ayurvedic Medicine Ayurvedic Point (ISO 9001 certified) in Milan, Italy and President of the Italian Scientific Society for Ayurvedic Medicine (S.S.I.M.A.). His professional experience spans from experimental and clinical research conducted in Universities and Hospitals in USA and in Italy, to Manager of Research and Development Project Management of an international Pharmaceutical Company. His main research interest has been the mechanisms underlying the aging process and the role of psyche in the genesis of diseases. In 2003 has been awarded with the honorary doctorate Ayurveda Acharya from the Institute of Ayurveda Ashtavaidyan Thaikat Mooss, Kerala, India. He is Head of Medical Education of the European Institute of Vedic Studies, Sauve, France, and Director and Professor of the Ayurveda section at the PostDoctoral specialization course in Health Sociology and Non Conventional Medicine , University of Bologna, Italy. Dr. Morandi has been Scientific Director of the 1st International Congress on Ayurveda Ayurveda: the meaning of life - awareness, environment and health held in Milan, Italy on March 2009. He is Co-Chairman for Europe of the Research and Clinical Care Working Group created by the Dept of AYUSH, Ministry of Health, Government of India. Lecturer on Ayurveda in several Italian and foreign Universities, member of Editorial Boards and Boards of Reviewers and author of numerous publications, Dr.Morandi directs the Ayurvedic Medical Center Ayurvedic Point in Milan, Italy.
- Date of Publication18/06/2013
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleCross-Cultural Advancements in Positive Psychology
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content NoteXII, 209 p.
- Weight502 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byA.N.Narayanan Nambi,Antonio Morandi
- Edition Statement2013 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.