All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA striking insight into how well-meaning outsiders have repeatedly misunderstood the conflict in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, and inadvertently exacerbated the violence.
- Author BiographyMike Martin is a Pashto speaker who spent almost two years in Helmand as a British army officer. During that time, he pioneered and developed the British military's human terrain and cultural capability - a means to understanding the Helmandi population and influence it. He also worked as an advisor to several senior commanding officers in Helmand. His previous publications include A Brief History of Helmand, required reading for British commanders and intelligence staff deploying to the province. He holds a doctorate in War Studies from King's College London.
- PublisherC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication18/04/2014
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £14.84Trending at £16.99
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £6.48Trending at £7.19
- £6.07Trending at £6.25
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.94Trending at £28.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.