All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe age of Shakespeare, Cervantes, Erasmus, Luther, and Machiavelli produced in France too some of Europe's greatest ever literature and thought: Montaigne's Essays , Rabelais' comic fictions, Ronsard's poetry, Calvin's theology. This book introduces this literature and thought through an apparent paradox.
- Author BiographyNeil Kenny is Reader in Early Modern French Literature and Thought, University of Cambridge.
- Author(s)Neil Kenny
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication13/03/2008
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleNew Readings Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byNicholas Hammond
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.