All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fourth edition of this bestselling book presupposes no background in language and takes the reader step-by-step to a comprehensive understanding of how English works. It covers words, sounds and sentences with examples from literature and global varieties of English, and is supplemented by a companion web site full of audio and video files.
- Author BiographyKoenraad Kuiper holds a PhD from Simon Fraser University in Vancouver and a DSc from the University of Canterbury. He is the author of nine books and editor of seven. He is author of numerous journal articles and book chapters. He has taught first year English language courses for four decades and is the recipient of the University of Canterbury's teaching medal. He has held two Fulbright Fellowships and a Fellowship at the Netherlands Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities and Social Science. Born and brought up in Scotland, W. Scott Allan attained his MA and PhD in English language and linguistics at Edinburgh University, where he subsequently taught briefly before moving to New Zealand in 1985. He published in a wide range of journals and was on the executive editorial board for The Encyclopedia of Language and Linguistics (R.E. Asher, Pergamon Press, 1994). Scott lectured in the Department of Applied Language Studies and Linguistics at the Auckland University until his death in 2004.
- Author(s)Koenraad Kuiper,W. Scott Allan
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/12/2016
- GenreLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note171 Illustrations, black and white; 448 p. 171 illus.
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement4th ed. 2017
Best-selling in Language Courses
Save on Language Courses
- £35.90Trending at £71.28
- £34.89Trending at £53.17
- £23.00Trending at £23.65
- £11.24Trending at £13.99
- £6.00Trending at £7.42
- £45.59Trending at £46.66
- £23.03Trending at £25.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.