Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £25.97Trending at £27.56
- £82.97Trending at £89.80
- £24.23Trending at £25.19
- £23.66Trending at £26.30
- £22.21Trending at £24.28
- £14.62Trending at £22.99
- £16.56Trending at £20.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an excellent introduction to the subject designed for readers from a variety of mathematical backgrounds. It features introductory properties of metric spaces and Banach spaces, and an appendix contains a summary of the concepts of set theory.
- Author BiographyAn Introduction to Metric Spaces and Fixed Point Theory includes an extensive bibliography and an appendix which provides a complete summary of the concepts of set theory, including Zorn's Lemma, Tychonoff's Theorem, Zermelo's Theorem, and transfinite induction. Detailed coverage of the newest developments in metric spaces and fixed point theory makes this the most modern and complete introduction to the subject available. MOHAMED A. KHAMSI, PhD, is Professor in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Texas at El Paso and visiting Professor in the Department of Mathematics at Kuwait University. He is also co-author of Nonstandard Methods in Fixed Point Theory. WILLIAM A. KIRK, PhD, is Professor in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa. He has authored over 100 journal articles and is co-author of Topics in Metric Fixed Point.
- Author(s)Mohamed A. Khamsi,William A. Kirk
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication20/03/2001
- Series TitlePure and Applied Mathematics: A Wiley Series of Texts, Monographs and Tracts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight600 g
- Width161 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.