Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £9.59Trending at £9.79
- £16.29Trending at £19.14
- £4.51Trending at £7.10
- £6.89Trending at £10.04
- £4.48Trending at £4.77
- £7.21Trending at £7.65
About this product
- DescriptionAn introduction to the leading modern theories of property and applies those theories to concrete contexts in which property issues have been especially controversial.
- Author BiographyGregory S. Alexander is a nationally renowned expert in property and trusts and estates and the A. Robert Noll Professor of Law at Cornell University, New York. Following his graduation from Northwestern University School of Law, he clerked for the Honorable George Edwards of the US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Alexander is the winner of the American Publishers Association's 1997 Best Book of the Year in Law award for his work, Commodity and Propriety. More recent books include The Global Debate over Constitutional Property: Lessons for American Takings Jurisprudence and Property and Community (with Eduardo M. Penalver). He is co-author of the most widely used property casebook in the United States (with James Krier and Michael Schill). His articles have appeared in such journals as the Columbia Law Review, the Stanford Law Review, the Michigan Law Review and the Cornell Law Review. Eduardo M. Penalver is a Professor of Law at Cornell University, New York. Upon graduating from Yale Law School, he clerked for the Honorable Guido Calabresi of the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and for Justice John Paul Stevens of the US Supreme Court. His research interests focus on property and land use, as well as law and religion. He is particularly interested in the ways that property both fosters and reflects social bonds. He is the author of numerous books and articles on property and land use law and his work has appeared in several leading law journals. His book, Property Outlaws (co-authored with Sonia Katyal), explores the role of disobedience in the evolution of property law.
- Author(s)Eduardo Moises Penalver,Gregory S. Alexander
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/04/2012
- GenreNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCambridge Introductions to Philosophy and Law
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.