Consider these sponsored items
- £43.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUniquely fusing the psychosocial with newer behavioural neuroscience perspectives, this indispensable text systematically reviews key research, including the most up-to-date studies, and presents insights in a lively, easy-to-read manner.
- Author BiographyHymie Anisman received his PhD in 1972 (University of Waterloo), and has been a Professor at Carleton University, Ottawa, since that time, while also holding an adjunct appointment with the Institute of Mental Health Research (Royal Ottawa Hospital). Professor Anisman was a Senior Ontario Mental Health Research Fellow (1999-2006), is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada, and has held a Canada Research Chair in Neuroscience since 2001. The principle theme of his research has concerned the influence of stressors on neurochemical and neuroendocrine systems, and how these influence psychological (anxiety, depression) and physical (immune-related and neurodegenerative) disorders. His work has spanned animal models to assess stress-related pathology as well as studies in humans to assess stress, coping and appraisal processes. In this regard, he has assessed the impact of chronic strain emanating from discrimination and stigmatization on well-being, depression and PTSD among refugees from war-torn regions and among Aboriginal groups that suffered childhood traumatization, distress associated with abusive relationships and life transitions, as well as the transmission of trauma effects across generations. In addition to sitting on the editorial boards of several journals and on numerous grant panels, Professor Anisman has published more than 350 peer reviewed journal papers and book chapters, and several review papers within neuroscience and psychology journals, and has edited two books, one dealing with stress processes and the second concerning psychoneuroimmunology. A mainstay of his Research program has been the training of students. More than Professor Anisman has completed 20 PhD and 50 MA/MSc students have graduated from his laboratory. His research has been funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), the Ontario Mental Health Foundation (OMHF), the Canadian Foundation for Innovation (CFI) and the Canada Research chairs program (CRC).
- Author(s)Hymie Anisman
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication14/01/2014
- GenrePsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.13
- £24.00Trending at £33.03
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £21.48Trending at £23.38
- £20.99Trending at £24.98
- £37.23Trending at £62.06
- £31.22Trending at £32.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.