An introduction to supporting people with a learning disability by Elaine Hardie, Liz Tilly (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £13.53Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by wordery_specialist
- Est. delivery by 8 Nov
- £12.63Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks08
- Est. delivery by 26 Oct
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.52
- £4.60Trending at £6.19
- £12.06Trending at £12.29
About this product
- DescriptionWill enable you to provide good support to people with a learning disability and can be used towards a range of level 2 qualifications.
- Author BiographyFor 11 years Elaine worked in services for people who have learning disabilities and was committed to multi-disciplinary approach to risk enablement and person centred planning. Elaine also worked for 8 years within a social services training section as both a training officer and then social services training manager. /par1/Elaine worked for BILD for 5 years, as a training associate, delivering a wide range of different training to staff across the health and social care sector and is a tutor, assessor and internal verifier for a range of qualifications, in additional to developing different policies and procedures for a number of both local and national organisations./par1/Elaine has had a number of materials published and including: training materials in the BILD 'Induction Trainer Pack, A brief guide to the Mental Capacity Act 2005' and 'A brief guide to the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards' that was aimed at family members and carers. Liz is strongly committed to the full inclusion of people with learning disabilities in all aspects of life, and has had regular professional and social contact with people with learning disabilities for over 30 years. Liz works as a freelance trainer and consultant and also set up and is a director of Building Bridges Training, a social enterprise of people with a learning disability which provides training. Liz founded and was chief executive of a voluntary organisation in the West Midlands which provides a wide range of services and opportunities for people with learning disabilities. Prior to this, her career was in special education. She has learning disability qualifications including a B.Ed. and M.Med.Sci. and a M.A. in Applied Social Research. She is currently doing a PhD researching the needs of and support to people with mild learning disabilities who fall through the net of statutory provision.
- Author(s)Elaine Hardie,Liz Tilly
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication13/02/2012
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSupporting the Learning Disability Worker LM Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Out-of-print date09/07/2014
- Width196 mm
- Height262 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.