Analytic Combustion: With Thermodynamics, Chemical Kinetics and Mass Transfer by Anil W. Date (Paperback, 2014)
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- £34.99+ £18.00 P&P
- Like New condition
- Sold by wigmores
- See details for delivery est.
- £35.80+ £5.99 P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by ammbooks
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £30.24Trending at £30.99
- £11.48Trending at £13.99
- £15.13Trending at £15.43
- £10.98Trending at £11.23
- £8.76Trending at £12.09
- £10.61Trending at £12.32
- £4.21Trending at £5.79
About this product
- DescriptionAnalytic Combustion is written for advanced students in mechanical, aeronautical and chemical engineering. It features 60 examples and 145 exercises.
- Author BiographyAnil W. Date received his Ph.D. in Heat Transfer from Imperial College London. He has been a member of the Thermal and Fluids Group of the Mechanical Engineering Department at IIT Bombay since 1973. Professor Date has taught both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in thermodynamics, energy conversion, heat and mass transfer and combustion. He is actively engaged in research and consulting in enhanced convective heat/mass transfer, stability and phase-change in nuclear thermo-hydraulics loops, numerical methods applied to computational fluid dynamics, solidification and melting and interfacial flows. Professor Date has published in the International Journal of Heat Mass Transfer, the Journal of Enhanced Heat Transfer, the Journal of Numerical Heat Transfer, the ASME Journal of Heat Transfer and has carried out important sponsored and consultancy projects for national agencies. He has been Editor for India of the Journal of Enhanced Heat Transfer. Professor Date has held visiting professorships at the University of Karlsruhe, Germany and City University of Hong Kong and has been Visiting Scientist at Cornell University and UIUC, USA. He has delivered lectures and seminars in Australia, the UK, the USA, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, Hong Kong and China. Professor Date founded the Center for Technology Alternatives for Rural Areas (CTARA) in IIT Bombay in 1985 and assumed its headship again in 2005. He derives great satisfaction from applying thermo-fluids and mechanical science to rural technology problems and has inspired several generation of students to work on such problems and taught courses in science, technology, and society and appropriate technology. He was elected Fellow of the Indian National Academy of Engineering (FNAE, 2001), received the Excellence in Teaching Award of IIT Bombay in 2006 and was chosen as the first Rahul Bajaj Chair-Professor of Mechanical Engineering by IIT Bombay in 2009. Professor Date is the author of Introduction to Computationa
- Author(s)Anil W. Date
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/06/2014
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note87 b/w illus. 91 tables 152 exercises
- Weight640 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.