All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- £48.87Was:£52.49Free postage
- £50.30Was:£52.49Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionPresents an understanding of the role of fascia in healthy movement and postural distortion which is of vital importance to bodyworkers and movement therapists worldwide. This book presents a 'whole systems' view of myofascial/locomotor anatomy in which the body-wide connections among the muscles within the fascial net are described in detail.
- Author BiographyThomas Myers studied directly with Drs. Ida Rolf, Moshe Feldenkrais, and Buckminster Fuller, and a variety of movement and manual therapy leaders. His work is influenced by cranial, visceral, and intrinsic movement studies he made with European schools of osteopathy. An inveterate traveller, Tom has practiced integrative manual therapy for over 30 years in a variety of clinical and cultural settings, including 10 years in London, and practices in Hamburg, Rome, Nairobi, and Sydney, as well as a dozen locales in the US. He is a founding member of the International Association of Structural Integrators (IASI). Author of Anatomy Trains and a set of supporting videos, and co-author of Fascial Release for Structural Balance (Lotus, 2010), Tom has also penned over 60 articles for trade magazines and journals on anatomy, soft tissue manipulation, and the social scourge of somatic alienation and loss of reliance on kinaesthetic intelligence. A certified Touch-in-Parenting instructor, Tom retains a strong interest in perinatal issues. Living on the coast of Maine, Tom and his faculty conduct professional certification and continuing education courses worldwide.
- Author(s)Thomas W. Myers
- PublisherElsevier Health Sciences
- Date of Publication12/12/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChurchill Livingstone
- Content NoteApprox. 562 illustrations (506 in full color)
- Weight953 g
- Width276 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Online resource
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £24.95Trending at £27.18
- £35.91Trending at £36.83
- £12.07Trending at £17.98
- £24.40Trending at £27.07
- £20.63Trending at £28.98
- £13.11Trending at £14.99
- £6.79Trending at £8.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.