All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.99Trending at £17.18
- £23.35Trending at £23.74
- £18.67Trending at £19.79
- £42.62Trending at £43.34
- £45.38Trending at £61.80
- £30.19Trending at £34.99
- £22.98Trending at £24.12
About this product
- DescriptionBrings together multiple elements of study of A&P in ways that maximize understanding. This title provides details in context of their functional significance to integrate coverage of anatomy and physiology. It emphasizes interdependence of body systems by weaving coverage of one system into textual explanations of how other systems work.
- Author BiographyMichael P. McKinley received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, and both MS and PhD degrees from Arizona State University. In 1978, he accepted a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of California at San Francisco (UCSF) Medical School in the laboratory of Dr. Stanley Prusiner, where he worked for 12 years investigating prions and prion-diseases. In 1980, he became a member of the anatomy faculty at the UCSF Medical School, where he taught medical histology for 10 years while continuing to do research on prions. During this time, he was an author or co-author of more than 80 scientific papers. Michael was a member of the biology faculty at Glendale Community College from 1991 to 2012, where he taught undergraduate anatomy and physiology, general biology, and genetics. Between 1991 and 2000, he also participated in Alzheimer disease research and served as director of the Brain Donation Program at the Sun Health Research Institute, as well as teaching developmental biology and human genetics at Arizona State University, West. His vast experience in histology, neuroanatomy, and cell biology greatly shaped the related content in Human Anatomy. He retired from active teaching in 2012 and continues to be an active member of the Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS). Michael is coauthor of the McKinley/O'Loughlin/Bidle: Anatomy & Physiology: An Integrative Approach textbook. He resides in Tempe, AZ, with his wife Jan. Valerie Dean O'laughlin received her undergraduate degree from the College of William and Mary, and her PhD in biological anthropology from Indiana University. She is an Associate Professor of Anatomy at Indiana University School of Medicine, where she teaches human gross anatomy to medical students, basic human anatomy to undergraduates, and human anatomy for medical imaging evaluation to undergraduate and graduate students. She also teaches a pedagogical methods course and mentors MS and PhD students pursuing anatomy education research. She is active in the American Association of Anatomists (AAA) and the Society for Ultrasound in Medical Education(SUSME). She currently is serving as President of the Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS). She received the AAA Basmajian Award for excellence in teaching gross anatomy and outstanding accomplishments in scholarship in education. Valerie is coauthor of the McKinley/O'Loughlin/Bidle: Anatomy & Physiology: An Integrative Approach textbook.
- Author(s)Michael P. McKinley,Theresa Bidle,Valerie O'Loughlin
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Out-of-print date14/04/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight2843 g
- Width236 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.