Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.71
- £15.91Trending at £19.98
- £13.01Trending at £20.00
- £2.81Trending at £3.58
- £10.99Trending at £12.99
- £2.50Trending at £4.17
- £4.99Trending at £9.78
About this product
- DescriptionIn Ancestral Lines, which is based on 25 years of research among the Maisin people, Barker offers a nuanced understanding of how the Maisin came to reject commercial logging on their traditional lands.
- Author BiographyJohn Barker is a professor of anthropology at the University of British Columbia. He has conducted anthropological fieldwork in Papua New Guinea and amongst the Nuxalk and Nisga'a First Nations of Canada. He has published extensively on Christianity amongst the indigenous peoples of Oceania and British Columbia, the history of anthropology, and the impact of environmental activists in Papua New Guinea.
- Author(s)John Barker
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication11/01/2007
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleTeaching Culture: UTP Ethnographies for the Classroom
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Out-of-print date26/07/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps, colour plates
- Weight400 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.