All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £12.06Trending at £15.18
- £10.75Trending at £13.78
- £3.99Trending at £6.98
- £11.33Trending at £14.47
- £9.97Trending at £10.99
- £4.63Trending at £5.99
- £11.51Trending at £11.99
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1987, this text has been revised for a student and non-specialist readership. It provides an authoritative and comprehensive survey of water transport across Northern Europe from the Late Palaeolithic to the later Middle Ages using a variety of primary sources and excavations.
- Author BiographySean McGrail served in the Royal navy from 1945 to 1968, the last sixteen years as a pilot in the fleet Air Arm, and qualified as a Master Marina. After reading for a BA at the University of Bristol, he became Assistant Keeper at the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, and subsequently Chief Archaelogist and head of the museum's archaeological research centre. He moved to the University of Oxford as Professor of Maritime Archaeoogy in 1986 and since 1993 he has been Visiting Professor for the Centre for Maritime Archaeology, University of Southampton.
- Author(s)Sean McGrail
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/01/1998
- Series TitleLongman Archaeology Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1010 g
- Width192 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.