All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn up-to-date synthesis of archaeological discoveries in the upper and middle Yangzi River region of China, including the Three Gorges Dam reservoir zone.
- Author BiographyRowan K. Flad is Professor of Anthropology at Harvard University. He has received grants from the Wenner Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research, the Luce Foundation, the Chiang Ching-Kuo Foundation and the American Philosophical Foundation, among others. He has been a traveling lecturer for the Archaeological Institute of America and has published extensively on archaeology in China in many edited volumes and journals, including Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Current Anthropology, The Holocene, Antiquity, the Journal of Anthropological Archaeology, the Journal of Field Archaeology, Asian Perspectives, the Journal of East Asian Archaeology, the Bulletin of the Museum of Far Eastern Antiquities, Kaogu and Nanfang Minzu Kaogu. He co-edited a book on specialization in the series Archaeological Papers of the American Anthropological Association, and is the author of Salt Production and Social Hierarchy in Ancient China: An Archaeological Investigation of Specialization in China's Three Gorges, published by Cambridge University Press in 2011. Pochan Chen is Assistant Professor in the Department of Anthropology at National Taiwan University. His major research focus is the Neolithic to Han Dynasty of China and Neolithic Taiwan. He has published several papers in journals such as Asian Perspectives, Bianjiang Minzu Kaogu Yu Minzu Kaoguxue Jikan, Diaro de Campo, Kaogu, Nanfang Minzu Kaogu, Nanfang Wenwu, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Xinshixue and Yanyeshi Yanjiu, and in book sections of Salt Archaeology of China, Volume 1, and Sel, Eau et Foret: D'hier ... Aujourd'hui.
- Author(s)Pochan Chen,Rowan K. Flad
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/01/2013
- Series TitleCase Studies in Early Societies
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note63 b/w illus. 16 maps
- Weight780 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.65Trending at £21.04
- £9.22Trending at £16.98
- £9.50Trending at £10.72
- £25.51Trending at £37.24
- £14.30Trending at £16.54
- £12.56Trending at £14.86
- £8.50Trending at £10.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.