All listings for this product
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.75Trending at £50.30
- £26.98Trending at £28.45
- £108.12Trending at £157.09
- £14.41Trending at £15.87
- £10.18Trending at £12.19
- £11.85Trending at £16.99
- £22.72Trending at £30.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes inventions and designs of engineers from 300 B.C. to 1600 A.D., with a handful of exceptions from before and after. The inventions are documented by archaeological finds and range from those very well known to some hardly known at all.
- Author BiographyCesare Rossi received the Mechanical Engineer Degree cum Laude at the University of Napoli - Federico II in 1979; in the same year his doctoral thesis received the Asmeccanica (Italian Mechanical Engineering Association) award.He participated in many International Conferences, often with invited lectures and as Chairman. His research activities where carried on mainly in the topics of Tribology, Rotor Dynamics, Mechanical Vibrations, Chaotic Motions of Mechanical Systems, Robot Mechanics, Video Applications for Robotics. Since several years he is interested in studies and researches on the History of Engineering and presently he cooperates with researchers (also on the field) mainly in which the Classic Age is concerned. He is a member of the A.I.S.I (Italian Society for the History of Engineering). Flavio Russo holds a degree in Mining Engineering from the University of Rome.Has been studying military architecture and military history in general for the past thirty years, focusing especially on military technology. For ten years he was member of Scientific Councils of the Italian Institute for the Castles and of National Committee for Studies of Fortified Architectures at the Italian Cultural Heritage Department.Currently he is working at the reconstruction of a roman water wheel, starting from archaeological finds.
- Author(s)Cesare Rossi,Flavio Russo
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication27/08/2016
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleHistory of Mechanism and Machine Science
- Series Part/Volume Number33
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note116 Illustrations, color; 184 Illustrations, black and white; XVII, 420 p. 300 illus., 116 illus. in color.
- Weight876 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2017
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.