All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £8.66Trending at £12.99
- £7.33Trending at £9.98
- £17.11Trending at £21.99
- £12.06Trending at £12.25
- £6.78Trending at £8.99
- £11.61Trending at £15.27
- £7.27Trending at £8.35
About this product
- DescriptionCollects Willis Barnstone's translations of Greek lyric poetry - including the most complete Sappho in English. This book includes a representative sampling of significant poets, from Archilochos, in the 7th century BCE, through Pindar and the other great singers of the classical age, down to the Hellenistic, Roman, and Byzantine periods.
- Author BiographyWillis Barnstone is Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Comparative Literature and Spanish and Portuguese at Indiana University Bloomington. He has published more than 60 books of poetry, scholarship, translation, and memoir, including We Jews and Blacks (IUP, 2004).
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- Language(s)English, Multiple languages
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note6 b&w illus.
- Weight428 g
- Width133 mm
- Height222 mm
- Translated byWillis Barnstone
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.