Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.31Trending at £9.15
- £6.99Trending at £8.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.77
- £12.17Trending at £13.36
- £6.95Trending at £8.98
- £11.32Trending at £12.34
- £6.38Trending at £6.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays focuses on the ways in which Greek and Latin authors viewed and wrote about the history of medicine. Special attention is given to medical doxography, i.e. the description of the characteristic doctrines of the great medical authorities of the past.
- Author BiographyPhilip J. van der Eijk, Ph.D. (1991), Leiden, is Professor of Greek at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. He has published widely on ancient philosophy, medicine, science, comparative literature and patristics. He is the author of Aristoteles. De insomniis. De divinatione per somnum (Berlin), 1994), and co-editor of Ancient Medicine in its Socio-Cultural Context (Amsterdam-Atlanta, 1995).
- Date of Publication15/09/1999
- Language(s)English & French
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleStudies in Ancient Medicine
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.20
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1113 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byP.J. Eijk,Philip J. van der Eijk
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.