All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by an acclaimed master of recreating the ancient world, this work contains illustrations that show the world of ancient Rome, giving children aged 8+ a sense of what it was like to live there. It features the baths and the laundry, chariot races at the Circus Maximus, and details of everyday life. It is useful to support homework.
- Author BiographyPeter Connolly is a best-selling author and illustrator of the ancient world. His previous books with Oxford include Pompeii, The Roman Fort, The Legionary. The Cavalryman, The Ancient Greece of Odysseus, The Holy Land and The Ancient City. These have sold over 250,000 copies in English, and have been translated into many other languages. Peter Connolly is an Honorary Research Fellow of the Institute of Archaeology, London.
- Author(s)Andrew Solway
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication07/09/2001
- GenreReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date09/08/2006
- Content Notefull colour illustrations throughout
- Weight285 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Connolly
- Reading Age8+
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £66.59Trending at £105.01
- £9.39Trending at £9.77
- £7.49Trending at £7.72
- £2.99Trending at £3.99
- £16.77Trending at £26.86
- £23.51Trending at £30.00
- £20.34Trending at £29.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.