All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLucius Annaeus Seneca (4 BCE - 65 CE) was a Roman Stoic philosopher, dramatist, statesman, and adviser to the emperor Nero, all during the Silver Age of Latin literature. This title is a fresh and compelling series of new English-language translations of his works in eight accessible volumes.
- Author BiographyRobert A. Kaster is professor of classics and the Kennedy Foundation Professor of Latin Language and Literature at Princeton University. He is the author of Emotion, Restraint, and Community in Ancient Rome, among other volumes. Martha C. Nussbaum is the Errist Freund Distinguished Service Professor of Law and Ethics at the University of Chicago and the author of Not for Profit: Why Democracy Needs the Humanities and Creating Capabilities: The Human Development Approach, among other volumes.
- Author(s)Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication20/11/2012
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Translated byRobert A. Kaster,Martha C. Nussbaum
Best-selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £10.09Trending at £13.89
- £24.53Trending at £29.23
- £12.41Trending at £21.17
- £41.64Trending at £69.13
- £17.55Trending at £18.10
- £31.41Trending at £33.56
- £23.39Trending at £25.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.