Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.94Trending at £24.50
- £17.29Trending at £28.09
- £23.56Trending at £40.05
- £11.91Trending at £20.02
- £15.17Trending at £24.02
- £8.63Trending at £17.01
- £17.28Trending at £22.35
About this product
- DescriptionPractitioners in the animal welfare field, law enforcement circles, and social services arena have often maintained that childhood cruelty to animals is a forerunner to violence against people. Does this behavior serve as a red flag?
- Author BiographyLinda Merz-Perez is the former Executive Director of the Humane Society of Shelby County, Alabama. She currently serves on the boards of Hand-In-Paw and the SPCA, West Pasco, has served as court-appointed Animal Cruelty Investigative Officer, and has been involved in the field of animal welfare for the last 14 years. Kathleen M. Heide is professor of Criminology at the University of South Florida, Tampa, and a licensed mental health counselor. She is an internationally recognized consultant on adolescent homicide, family violence, personality assessment, and juvenile justice, and the author of Why Kids Kill Parents: Child Abuse and Adolescent Homicide (1992) and Young Killers: The Challenge of Juvenile Homicide (1999).
- Author(s)Kathleen M. Heide,Linda Merz-Perez
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication22/10/2003
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight308 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.